When a condominium association needs money for an association expense such as property repairs, the association can generally divide the cost among association members and charge a proportionate amount to each member through special assessments. Many condominium unit owner policies provide coverage for some of these assessments. In fact, Florida Statute § 627.714 (2011) requires that residential condominium unit owner insurance policies include at least $2,000 of property loss assessment coverage that kicks in when an association assesses members for property damage.Continue Reading Loss Assessment Coverage and the “Master Deductible” Clause